Beers to you!
Here are the beer facts:
Collection and Payment of Taxes and Creation of Jobs:
• $31,000,000 in state beer excise taxes (annually)
• $34,000,000 in sales taxes (annually)
• $72,535,400 in wages plus benefits (annually) with over 1300 local jobs
Economic Impact on Local Communities:
• $31,000,000 in capital investment and local purchases (annually)
• $2,000,000 + in education awareness programs promoting responsible sale and consumption of products, community events, charitable activities and local economic development (annually)
Our beer distributor members are committed to:
• Ensuring products are compliant with state regulations and delivered to the marketplace safely for public consumption.
• Ensuring that products are sold through licensed retail establishments.
• Providing training and programs to promote the responsible sale and consumption of products.
• Partnering with local law enforcement and community agencies to prevent underage drinking and provide for the legal sale and consumption of alcohol products.
Three parts, Brewery- Distributor- Retailer make up the system. Brewers sell beer to distributors and the distributors market, sell, and deliver beer safely to retailers for your consumption.
In fact, alcoholic beverages hold the distinction of being the only consumer products that are a subject of two U.S. Constitution Amendments.
Our distributors are right in the middle of a three-tiered system that not only ensures the best price, value and selection for beer consumers, but also provides greater economic and community strength for our entire state.
Actually, our independent beer distributors provide transportation, refrigerated storage and maintenance from the moment those products leave the brewery until they arrive at your retailer’s door.