MBDA Established: June 19, 1946
Description: Mississippi Beer Distributors Association’s purpose is to represent and promote beer wholesalers and the beer industry in Mississippi through cooperative study, coordinated planning, and joint action. MBDA has a member base of 8 beer wholesalers and distributors with 20 distribution locations.
In short, MBDA’s goals for member distributors are:
To promote, extend, and maintain the welfare of the independent wholesale beer and ale distributors of Mississippi through cooperative study, coordinated planning, and joint action
To develop programs of action and business usage consistent with the best practices of a trade association.
To cooperate, whenever and wherever possible, with other branches of the industry and with trades allied to the brewing and distributing industry and with the public for progress and action.
To validate that the sale of malt beverages to the public does not place the distributor's product or markets in jeopardy.
To stay informed on laws and legislation enacted or proposed affecting the malt beverage industry and to promote the welfare and progress of the State of Mississippi accordingly.
Mississippi Beer Distributors Association is the consortium that brings all Mississippi independent distributors together to:
- Promote and support wholesale beer and ale distributors in Mississippi.
- Maintain and expand Mississippi markets within Mississippi.
- Protect distributors’ products from jeopardy.
- Keep distributors and the public informed of laws and legislation enacted or proposed which affect the malt beverage industry.
- Develop programs of action and business usage consistent with the best practices of a trade association.
- Cooperate wherever and whenever with other branches of the industry and with trades allied to the brewing and distributing industry.
- Educate the general public on the importance of beer distributors and laws put in place to protect the public.